Since RIM started App World I have been asking for them to share some developer success stories. Even better would be adding rankings and badges for developers on App World sort of like eBay’s feedback rating system. They started offering us some good details when App World hit 1 billion downloads but now they are back with more. I am just hoping they make this a regular feature. Potential devs should know the opportunity available on the BlackBerry platform. Here is the info they shared:
- Have you heard of Jingu? This social app from Jingu Apps Inc. allows users to create avatars for BBM, access a wide assortment of new emoticons and participate in a new social environment. In a very short time, Jingu has surpassed a million downloads.
- Spice Labs Pvt Ltd. have seen more than 16 million downloads of their paid and free applications, which include Hangman and HangmanKids. Spice Labs is focused on games with an educational twist and look to engage and teach children and youth.
- WeatherEye HD is an application for the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet that was built using the BlackBerry WebWorks toolset and is not only visually rich, but is also designed to take advantage of the BlackBerry WebWorks tools to create a deep app experience. In a short period of time, this app has seen more than 50,000 downloads.
- Doodle Blast on the BlackBerry PlayBook is an addictive game that has hooked family and friends. Users create “ink” pathways to get balls to fall into a container and achieve levels. They have had almost 50,000 downloads since the launch of their application.
- Crystal Balls from ingames is a simple game where players must combine three or more balls of the same color to make them explode – it’s like TETRIS® meets Gem Swap. The Crystal Ball Free version is almost at one million downloads now.