Earlier this year we heard about the iMainGo X portable speaker system. One of our readers actually did a review of it here. I was sent one for review recently and I did not know what type of sound to expect base on the size of the device. To my surprise for it’s size the iMainGo X delivers a really good and loud enough sound. The device is designed to fit iPhone and other touch screen devices. I used the Torch which worked pretty good.
In the box:
- iMainGo X portable speaker
- Lithium-ion battery
- Plug-in Charger
- Plastic backing plate
- iMainGo memory foam
- Custom travel bag
- Wrist Strap and larger carry strap
- 3 language instructions (English, French, Spanish)
Form Factor: The speaker system looks like one of those older cassette players; featuring a sleek and cool looking design. There are two power buttons, one is inside and the other one is outside which lights up when it is pressed to turn on. The front has four ports two for headphones one for microphone and another one for charging the rechargeable battery located inside.
- Battery Life: up to 12 hours
- Speakers: Extra large 37mm premium high output stereo
- Amplifier: premium state-of-the-art digital
- Bass: Tuned porting
- Extra large device compartment
- Simplified and improved device holding mechanism
- Headphone jack, combination jack/auxillary, mic-in
- Daisy-chain feature
- Power Supply: rechargeable lithium-ion battery (included)
- Plug-in charger included
- External power controls
- Plug: 3.5mm gold-tipped stereo
- Weight: 9 ounces (255 grams)
- Size: 5.7” x 3.8” x 2.4” (145mm x 96mm x 61 mm)
- One year limited warranty
- Material: Neoprene Water resistant
The speakers deliver a much louder sound than your mobile device would so this makes it perfect to take to the park, on on trips to keep something to play your music. Note that this is not designed for you to take on a run, or for a jog as it is a bit bulky and heavy.
The device can fit most mobile devices inside as it has a memory foam that can be place inside the phone to adjust and make a tight fit to hold the device in place. The clear plastic cover on one side allows you to control your music through the touch screen. This is not designed to work with none touch screens but if you can plug it in to any head phone jack it will play music even from you PC.
- Loud and clear sound
- Long battery life
- Connects to any 3.5mm
- Rechargeable battery
- Can be used as an external speaker for other devices even a pc or laptop
- Can also be used as premium external stereo speaker system for any device with a 3.5 mm connection: iPad®, Laptop, Kindle®, cell phone, electric guitar, portable gaming system, etc…
The only con I really see is that is a bit heavy but is to be expected since it has two speakers, and a battery that last quite a bit.
Giveaway: We have two of these cool speakers to giveaway to you, simply let us know what you would use this for in the comments. Only one comment per person. Good luck, leave comments before July 30th.