A new PlayBook IRC client slipped into App World this week. PlayIrc is a simple yet useful flash IRC client for the BlackBerry PlayBook. I also dig the tabbed conversation view. It has some nice features packed under the hood including:
- Supports all popular encodings, including: Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillic, German, Greek, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, etc.
- Own virtual keyboard. You can write using your language
This version supports the following keyboards besides English: Cyrillic.
- Auto-complete suggestions. Suggests IRC commands, smiles, common words in English and Russian.
If configured remembers words you use and suggests them too.
You can edit your suggestion vocabulary by deleting words or wipe whole vocabulary.
- Supports device orientation. Optimized for touches.
- Supports skins. 3 skins available in this version.
You can choose font and background color for conversation windows.
- Most used IRC commands (set channel mode, get channel list, op, deep, whose, etc.) can be executed by using GUI without keyboard.
- Partial color code support. Renders text color and format (bold, italic) for messages. Does not render text background.
- Interface languages available: English, Russian.
- Logging. Once you reentered a channel or start private conversation you can read past messages.
You can turn logging off and wipe all logs.