Now that BBM Social Platform is coming out of Beta we are seeing more and more apps implement it. I am waiting for games to use it but for now apps like the venerable FileScout are adding support. You could always send multiple files using FileScout but now you can also send the files over BBM. Right now you can only send files one at a time this way but hopefully that will change with future BBM SDK builds.
Here is the change log:
- FileScout is now supporting the new BlackBerry Messenger SDK. With the BBM™ Integration you are able to send any file to any of your BBM Contacts [requires BBM 18.104.22.168 (or higher)]. Please note that even FileScout is already support the sending of multiple files, right now you have to select the recipient and confirm the send process for each of the selected files separate. I hope this can be changed with later releases of RIM’s BBM-SDK.
- The image manipulation (rotate & resize) can now be also called directly from the build in ImageViewer
- Since the release of 2.6.x it was not possible any longer to enter text in Japanese, Chinese or Korean language in the TextEditor. This has been fixed in the new build.
- If you make use of the HomeScreen Application Shortcuts, FileScout can be instantly launched by pressing the ‘F’-Key
- Multiple other minor bugfixes
You can pick up the new version of FileScout in App World for $4.99 with a 30 day free trial