RIM just sent us an email that they are starting their rollout to App World v3.0. I have been dying for a new update to App World to fix annoying bugs and add features like an update all button but so far the details are slim. Here is what we know so far. RIM will be taking down the BlackBerry App World Vendor portal for maintenance on July 6th from 2:00am – 6:00am (EST).
After that maintenance period is over there will be two now fields for application devs to fill out:
- Short Description: This is your feature description or your one line sales pitch. Please provide a “short description” of each of your items to make your app more discoverable. We support multilingual short descriptions so you can make your sales pitch more local and relevant to better attract users who speak more languages around the globe.
- Note: BlackBerry App World supports 108 Countries worldwide and growing!
- The maximum character length is 50 Characters (including spaces
- Feature Image: You can now upload a featured app image. This is required if you want your application to be considered for feature. It will make your application much more discoverable.
- Image Specifications: 1920 x 1186 pixel .PNG file
Let us know if you hear more! I am also hoping that RIM will up the resolution on PlayBook app screenshots to a larger size like the featured image which is now over 1080p.