RIM is continuing with their rapid release schedule for their social app portfolio today. The latest out the door is a new beta for Facebook for BlackBerry Smartphones which is now available in the Beta Zone. This new version contains some very nice refinements including integration with BBM and other apps.
Here is the change log provided by RIM:
- Enhanced Notifications – users will now be notified of polled items, such as ‘Likes’ and Event Wall posts.
- Cross-Channel Messaging – Deep integration of Facebook with core BlackBerry applications allows users to share Facebook Content across BlackBerry Messaging Applications. An example includes sending News Feed items to other messaging applications, like email, SMS, BBM, Twitter and more.
- Enhanced Integration with BlackBerry Native Apps – Building on enhanced integration with BlackBerry Native Apps, Facebook v2.0 now includes additional messaging options from the ‘More’ button within a Profile and from the Friends list.
- In-App Error Reporting – Users can install the BlackBerry Feedback Tool through the Menu in the Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones app. The BlackBerry Feedback Tool can be used to send feedback on BlackBerry features, functions, and applications at any time and is currently available in English only.
- Touch Toolbar – BlackBerry smartphone users with a touch screen device will now have Compose, Reply, and Delete icons located along the bottom of the device screen in the Facebook Inbox for quick and easy access to these popular features.
You can pick up this latest release in the Beta Zone at blackberry.com/betazone. You just need to be in one of the allowed Beta Zone countries and be registered. Hopefully RIM will simply release it publicly soon. You can also read more about the features of this release on the RIM Inside BlackBerry Blog.