I have to say I am still scratching my head about this new T-Mobile 4G Payday Trivia Contest. The prizes are very slick with an Audi Q5 vehicle being given away every week and $4,000 being given away every day. The part that gets tricky is that it is an SMS based Trivia Game. You test you knowledge through SMS trivia questions where you answer as many questions as you can in an hour. You can play up to 3 games a day and the longest streak of correct answers in each game day or each week wins.
Where is tarts to look like a lottery is when you get stuck with questions. You can then choose to get a HINT to narrow your choices, or to SKIP that question to continue your winning streak and get a different question. The catch is that either a HINT or SKIP costs you $1.00 each and is limited to three per game. You also have to be a T-Mobile US subscriber who is 18+, not an employee, and have a valid drivers license and not live in Vermont, Arizona, Colorado, Maryland, Montana, Iowa, Louisiana, Nebraska, Puerto Rico. On the upside it seems like the SMS back and forth to the number 4444 are free according to the FAQ.
You can find the full instructions at t-mobile4gpayday.com. Let us know what you think of the contest in the comments.
Test your knowledge – answer as many questions as you can in an hour, you can play up to 3 games per day. The longest streak of correct answers in a game each day and each week wins!
How to play from T-Mobile’s website:
- T-Mobile customers can text START to 4444 to review and accept the game rules and participate in the 4G PayDay mobile trivia contest. The game will consist of multiple-choice trivia questions delivered via text message.
- The goal of the game is to correctly answer the most consecutive questions within an hour. Time starts once the first question of each game has been answered.
- If players get stuck, they can choose to get a HINT to narrow their choices, or to SKIP that question to continue their winning streak and get a different question. (Both options are limited to three per game and cost $1.00 each plus tax).
- The game ends with one incorrect answer or by reaching the one hour time limit. Each player can participate in three games per day.
- The player with the most consecutive correct answers in one game each day will win the daily $4,000 prize. The weekly Audi Q5 vehicle winner is determined by the most consecutive correct answers in a single game for the week. In the event of a tie, the most consecutive answers in the shortest amount of time will be declared the winner.