RIM has updated their very useful Mobile Conferencing app that is currently in the Beta Zone. This new v126.96.36.199 adds more features and options. It also has a cool “convert to conference” option from an email. I know quite a few people who are loving this app for long standing conference calls at work or simply to access their sales call bridge.
New in this version of Mobile Conferencing:
- Location of “Add Conference” button is moved up in the New Appointment screen
- Maximum number of profiles increased to 10
- Auto discovery search is improved
- Support for audio conferences profiles using Microsoft Live Meeting
- Create a conference from an email: now it just takes one click to get everyone on an email thread ready to be scheduled for a conference call. From any email, click “convert to conference” to create a new calendar appointment that already has the same subject as the email, attendees from the To and Cc line, and short clip of the email body in the appointment notes.