Over the last two years I have been noticing more and more BlackBerry games targeted at children for BlackBerry devices. I doubt that kids learning their ABCs have their own BlackBerrys but parents are entertaining their kids with them. While this may lead to issues like drool on your keyboard the games are getting better.
The latest game in the genre is Tots by Pixel Brain Games for the BlackBerry PlayBook. Tots wants to let you kid have fun with the alphabet through 4 minigames with two different themes. Check out a video of it below.
The different minigames are:
- Drawit allows children to practice the strokes required by both upper and lower letters (numbers too!).
- Whackit is a classic whack-a-mole variation where children try to "whack" a particular letter with a hammer when it pops up on screen.
- Catchit teaches children to recognize letters that make up simple 3-letter words.
- Matchit is a fun exercise in matching uppercase letters with their corresponding lowercase counterparts.
Features of the game include:
- Fully animated and easy to use navigation for all ages, completely controlled by touchscreen.
- 2 themes to choose from: Cute Dinosaurs or Beautiful Flowers (you can change at any time).
- Delightful background music and sound effects.
- Onscreen help bubbles (for parents) and swipe down Options menu.
- 3 levels of onscreen hints for each game – you can turn off the hints as your child gets better!
You can find Tots in App World for $2.99 at this link