Smarter Apps let us know about their latest BlackBerry PlayBook app called InstaPhoto. InstaPhoto lets you take pictures with your PlayBook and then apply filters to modify the image. You can then save and share the image on Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr. The app has 25 preset effects you can apply to images that are quite fun. You can see all of the effects at the end of this article. They range from the popular borders and tilt shift to radiant rays and mugshots.
- Easy to get started, simply choose a preexisting photo or snap one right away. Camera integration runs directly within app, allowing you to take a photo and start instantly!
- Images save to a custom gallery folder, and are featured when you load the app, or you can opt to view the latest uploads on Twitter from your friends!
- Large preview images allow you to see an effect clearly before making a selection.
- Simple controls with stunning pre-set effects, it’s easy for anyone to use with just a tap of the finger!
- Quick rending, no long loading times for an effect.
- Unique effects creating interesting themes for your photos; periscope, mugshots, HUDs and many more!
1962 – Simulate the effect of an old, black and white film strip.
Aquarius – Cool green-blue with just a small dash of orange.
Aries – Reds and orange converge for a warm effect.
Black & White
Bohemian – Release your inner flower-child with a decorative border and warm colors.
Burnout – Brightens the center of your image with burnt edges.
Cool Breeze – Light and breezy with cyan tones.
Dusk – Dulls your images colors and adds a touch of grit.
Gothic - Subtle orange and purple splash your image with a night feeling.
HUD – See your image through a heads-up-display in the sky.
Midnight – Intensifies a splash of orange with dark, burnt purple edges.
Mug Shot – Frame yourself, your friends, or your pets!
Noir – Intense blacks in a black and white image.
Number 6 – A playful combination of turquoise and orange with subtle texture.
Periscope – Creates the effect of peering up through a periscope in the night.
Polaroid – Create the look of a polaroid with a slight purple tone.
Ravage – Rough your images up with this effect.
Retro Poster – Grunge edges and rays radiate from your featured image.
SLR – View your image as though in the view finder of a SLR camera.
Spotlight – Burns a corner of your image with bright light.
Sunset Swirl – Bath your image in warm color, and adorned with a swirling border.
Taped – Tape up those corners and show off that image!
Torn – Torn and folded, with its colors fading away like an old poster.
Vintage Postcard – Snap a shot on holiday and send off your own vintage postcard! Post is included!