RIM has been updating Desktop Manager improving features and making it more user friendly and today a new update is available. Version 18.104.22.168 Bundle 34 brings the following features:
- Certificates -If your smartphone is associated with a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, you can download, import, and synchronize certificates between your computer and your smartphone.
- Files -You can use the Files feature to copy files between your smartphone or tablet and your computer.
- Media files -You can now synchronize and import encrypted media files.
- Wi-Fi® music sync -You can use Wi-Fi music sync without launching the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
- Installation/Connection -On occasion, you might receive the following error message when you update or install the BlackBerry Desktop Software: "BlackBerry Desktop Software has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience
- If you install BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0, you can also install earlier versions of the BlackBerry Desktop Software
- Backing up and restoring data –When you’re viewing the progress screen during a backup, the amount of data that’s being backed is incorrect. However, your data is still backed up
- In some cases, BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet media files cannot be successfully backed up
- It takes at least a minute to cancel a backup when you disconnect your tablet during a backup
For more information check this guide at this link on what issues were fixed with this update.
The update should show up when you start DM or click to check for updates.