Ronen mentioned that an OS update was scheduled for June 6 and it looks like his source was right. The new update to PlayBook OS 126.96.36.1994 was pushed out overnight. The Update stands at 312MB so it may take a while to download depending on your Wi-Fi Connection. The features included on this update are listed below.
- Facebook for BlackBerry PlayBook — The first Facebook app optimized for tablets now comes preloaded and introduces new features including video uploading, message deletion, Facebook search enhancements and more.
- In-App Payments Support — Enables developers to create apps for the BlackBerry PlayBook using the BlackBerry Payment Service, which will allow users to purchase enhancements within apps such as another level in a game or a new edition of a magazine.
- Additional Language Support — Updates language support to include: French, Italian, German, Spanish, Dutch and UK English.
- BlackBerry PlayBook Charging Enhancements — By simply touching the battery indicator on the BlackBerry PlayBook home screen users can easily adjust the screen brightness or choose to restart, turn off, or put the tablet into standby mode. Other charging improvements include the ability to charge the PlayBook while it is turned off, as well as an on-screen alert to notify users if they accidentally have plugged in an incorrect charger into their BlackBerry PlayBook.
- Video Chat Connectivity — Adds support for the TURN (Traversal Using Relay NAT) protocol, which enhances Video Chat connections between users on home, public and enterprise Wi-Fi networks.
- Wi-Fi Hotspot Detection — Automatic Wi-Fi hotspot detection in the BlackBerry Tablet OS v1.0.5 makes it easier to connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot (at a coffee shop or an airport, for example).
To download, head over to Software Updates in options, and check to see for available updates and click download then install once the OS has been downloaded to your device. Thanks to everyone who sent this tip.
Image credit: Mac from pocketberry.com