Over the years I have found LogicMail to be a must have app on my BlackBerry. It provides a free open source email client (POP3, IMAP, SMTP) for your BlackBerry so you can access emails you don’t want pushed to your device. Right at the beginning of the year LogicMail 2.0 was released in beta form with a boatload of new features. Now those features have been considered stable and are in the full public release. There is even a nice Setup Guide to get you up and running.
The new features in LogicMail v2.0 include:
- Step-by-step setup wizard
- All network communications now happens in the background, and mail data is now locally cached
- Improved look and feel
- Support for both local and remote Sent/Drafts folders
- Ability to copy messages between folders, even across accounts
- Improved message composition, with an Outbox that holds messages until successfully sent
- Keyboard shortcuts mimicking the native messaging application, and touchscreen device support
- Able to read E-Mails written in many different languages and character encodings.
- Full support for IMAP IDLE (while connected; background polling not yet implemented)
- Supports OS 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 5.0, and 6.0+
- Any plenty more!
To pick up the stable v188.8.131.527 of LogicMail head to these links: