I am really starting to get a bit worried here. The BlackBerry PlayBook launches in seven days on April 19th and I have yet to see a single BlackBerry PlayBook ad. This has me wondering what RIM’s playbook is for the PlayBook launch. I have spoken to a few friends about it and I have to say it is very odd that RIM has been so hush about what is truly a HUGE announcement for them. Bishop5 pointed out in the comments that we should put up a post asking all of you to speculate on what reason RIM could have for such a quiet build up to the BlackBerry PlayBook launch. Don’t they want potential customers to know when it launches or even what a BlackBerry PlayBook is?
Here are some of my ideas sorted in no particular order:
- RIM plans on soft launching the BlackBerry PlayBook and starting the ad blitz on launch day (doesn’t make much sense)
- RIM has a ton of companies lined up to buy millions of PlayBooks at launch to beat analyst expectations
- There will be a shortage of BlackBerry PlayBooks at launch and RIM wants them in the hands of the BlackBerry faithful
- The media campaign for the PlayBook started back in October and was really drawn out and RIM does not want to draw out the ad campaign
- RIM cannot make up its mind on if the PlayBook is meant for the enterprise or consumers
- RIM is crazy…
Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments!