While RIM may not be advertising the BlackBerry PlayBook they are throwing a “BlackBerry Rocks Tour” for it. I have managed to confirm that they are having one in New York City tomorrow along with a few other cities I have discovered are also throwing BlackBerry Rocks Tours. Above is a screenshot of the email they have been sending out to VIP’s that one of our tipsters sent along. I am just kind of happy to hear that RIM is at least marketing/promoting the BlackBerry PlayBook to businesses!
Here are the cities I have confirmed will be hosting the BlackBerry Rocks Tour:
- April 7th New York City
- April 12th Boston
- April 19th Chicago
- April 21st Toronto
- April 26th Philadelphia
- May 2nd Washington DC
- May 17th Seattle
- May 24th Los Angeles
The tour seems to be targeted at businesses and here is the text of the invite:
You’re invited for a Backstage Tour with BlackBerry and Insight on April 7th. Get a front row seat and be one of the first to see BlackBerry’s latest technology including the highly anticipated and sought after BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet! You have the opportunity to hear what industry analysts have to say about the future of tablets and the adoption within business and our day to day lives.
As an invited VIP to our event you have the chance to WIN 1 of 2 BlackBerry PlayBook tablets.
- The latest devices and accessory opportunities
- Supporting your needs for BlackBerry Enterprise Server and T-Support
- Mobilizing your business and save costs using BlackBerry MVS
- How the PlayBook can fit into your game plan and allow you to work smarter and faster
- 1:00 – 1:30 pm Registration and Cocktail reception
- 1:30 – 3:00 pm Take a band tour of the products
- 3:00 – 3:30 pm An Industry Analyst speaks on Tablet PC’s
- 3:30 – 4:00 pm BlackBerry PlayBook keynote presentation
- 4:00 – 4:30 pm Time to play! With the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
Let us know if you are going to one!