It was just last week when I pointed out that RIM is running out of model numbers in their current numbering scheme. Then @Cathystaylor pointed out that RIM is looking for a “Name & Numbering Manager” or a “Naming Architecture Manager.” This persons responsibility will be to “Help generate and facilitate the naming of new BlackBerry product and services.” Talk about a cool job! Whomever they choose probably needs to come up with 5-15 names a year max and he is golden.
Check out the responsibilities for the job:
- Help generate and facilitate the naming of new BlackBerry product and services
- Develop processes that streamline requests and the collection of information
- Help educate internal stakeholders on naming best practices to advocate cross team naming collaboration
- Successful candidate has the ability to develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and teams such as Creative Excellence, Legal, Brand Strategy, Competitive Intelligence, Consumer Insights and Product Management in the determination of names
- Successful candidate will initially work within an established process but, will also be able to identify ways to make the naming process more pragmatic and streamlined – including the introduction of new processes and routines
Always thinking how you could have come up with a better name that RIM for a device or service? Think even a monkey can come up with sequential model numbers? Check out the job listing today and apply to prove yourself right! I would apply but I am not sure I could survive the weather in Waterloo. If I could my first order of business would be naming all prototypes after characters from Greek mythology. Codename Zeus or Thor would be sweet!