For my inaugural post on the BerryReview Blogs I have chosen to write about my favorite theme for OS5 and now OS6, Leebo by Wu-Wei. I have always loved minimalist themes, and keeping my homescreen clean. With using this theme, I have been able to maximize the use of the homescreen shortcuts embedded by RIM and Wu-Wei.
This theme allows the user to use a multitude of personal wallpapers with great integration. As we can see, the notifications are across the top, and are not cut off. The clickable signal meter launches Manage Connections so turning on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth is a snap. Clicking with nothing selected on the homescreen launches the first app in your app menu.
Anybody looking for a change from the normal themes should take a look at this one for sure!
The call screen and menus were unedited and left in their native simplicity.
The following hotkeys are programmed:
E – FileManager Pro
F – Facebook
G – Google Maps
J – Calendar Pro
R – Meterberry
Z – Clock
0 – Profiles
$ – SMS/MMS
Wu-Wei has really done a nice job with this one with customizations and adding a weather slot.
And a Hidden Today
There are so many versions of this theme, that it can really suit anyone’s needs!
Wu-Wei has also been kind enough to report known issues supplied by users and are as follows.
• I have a boatload of variations. I know, my head swims when I look at the list too. Sorry if that’s confusing, but I’ve been doing my best to accommodate everyone’s particular preferences…so there’s a lot there to choose from.
• Battery charging icon misbehaves on Home Screen and Application Screen – does not show pulsing lightning bolt while charging, in fact does not show anything while charging until battery level is 100%, then shows old style ‘plug’ icon.
• The 3G bullets are linked to WiFi on the Home Screen, so if you are connected to WiFi and on 3G, the bullets will disappear from beside the 3G indicator and will be repositioned. (Cannot be changed)
• Notifications and network information are slightly skewed (like 1/2 a pixel for notifications) between Home Screen banner and Application Screen banner. This is partly due to the fact that a different icon format is used on each banner for notifications.
• Larger notification icons, like MeterBerry battery meters and WeatherBerry ‘thermometer’ icons are clipped in application banners. This only occurs on later versions of my theme (1.1.x and higher). I have not determined why the banner was resized between versions. It’s nothing I changed.
• I’m sure there are more quirks that have been pointed out, but let me know if you notice something odd and I’ll do my best to fix it.
Right now these are for QWERTY devices, i hope Wu-Wei makes a torch version
OS6 Devices – MANY VARIATIONS
• leebo 220.127.116.11 (Battery meter visible on home screen (very popular request))
• leebo 18.104.22.168 (No G key mapped, launches Google Talk if installed )
• leebo 22.214.171.124 (E – FileScout )
• leebo 126.96.36.199 (UK version, £ – SMS/MMS )
• leebo 188.8.131.52 (UK with battery meter)
• leebo 184.108.40.206 (UK with battery meter and network )
• leebo 220.127.116.11 (No hotkeys; battery meter, network and profiles icon )
• leebo 18.104.22.168 (US version – Battery meter and network )
• leebo 22.214.171.124 (US version – network and date only )
• leebo 126.96.36.199 (188.8.131.52 with no battery meter )
Weather Slot Version
To show, hit W. To hide, hit 1 (alt-W).
Weather Slot and Hidden Today
Weather Slot/Hidden Today Variants:
• leebo 184.108.40.206 (No battery meter on Home Screen, for MeterBerry/BattEx/SmartBIndie users)
• leebo 220.127.116.11 (1.7 style – plain vanilla – no weather slot, no today areas, no battery meter on home screen)
• leebo 18.104.22.168 (No weather slot, no battery meter, E – FileScout)
• leebo 22.214.171.124 (No weather slot, WITH battery meter, E – FileScout)
• leebo 126.96.36.199 (No weather slot, adjusted clock area to accommodate 24 hour time setting, E – FileScout)
Now please remember that his theme is free, and Wu-Wei has a lot of time invested in this keeping the users happy. I am hoping a lot more people enjoy this theme and please don’t forget to support the developer with a donation if you like the provided version.
PayPal donation Link –