News of the BlackBerry PlayBook shipping with a 7Digital Music Store and BlackBerry Podcasts application dropped today. RIM was kind enough to catch both apps on video for all of us to drool over. Check out the video demo below.
Their BlackBerry Insider Blog also collected some key information on both of the apps from the BlackBerry PlayBook project manager Ryan Bidan who highlighted the following features:
7digital Music Store:
- 7digital Music Store offers over 13 million songs, and tracks are available at prices starting as low as $0.79 with bitrates up to 320 kbps (DRM free).
- As Ryan mentioned, 7digital Music Store content is stored in the cloud via a digital music locker for easy portability across devices and to help against accidental loss.
- 7digital Music Store includes a recommendation engine that features content based upon recent browsing and purchase activity.
- The BlackBerry Podcasts app for the BlackBerry PlayBook includes 19 content categories, ranging from sports to entertainment to business, including popular content such as the New Yorker and Ask A Ninja podcasts (two of my personal favorites!).
- BlackBerry Podcasts allow users to preview an episode before downloading or subscribing to it, and it automatically downloads new podcasts for subscribed channels.
So what do you think of both apps?
PS: Dear RIM, can we please get a video of the release date next time?