I am not sure what the story is with WordPress for BlackBerry and their version numbering conventions but v1.4.6 (aka 188.8.131.52) is now available in beta form. A few readers sent in the change log from the WP4BB developer blog over the weekend and it seems like this beta is an overhaul of the storage security of the app along with a bunch of bug fixes. According to the devs this new version is mostly under the hood improvements with a “completely different, strongly encrypted storage model” whatever that means. Hey security is good right?
Other changes include:
- Improved the communication layer.
- You can now select which type of the Media API that should be used for uploading photos and videos.
- Fix for VideoPress issue when uploading multiple videos #181.
- Fix for app permission issues that could freeze the app if all permissions are not set to Allow #179.
- Fix for postID that are bigger than the XML-RPC specification #180.
- Improved the XML-RPC calls.
- Improved the preview screen, which is now using the BlackBerry browser or any browser installed on your device.
- Fix for post/page comments setting that allow people to post comments on new articles created using the app #163.
- Other minor changes.
You can pick up the v1.4.6 beta (aka 184.108.40.206) of WordPress for BlackBerry at:
- For BlackBerry OS v4.5 or higher
- For BlackBerry OS v4.7 or higher
- For BlackBerry OS v5.0 or higher
- For BlackBerry OS v6.0 or higher
- For BlackBerry Torch
BTW kudos to the WordPress for BlackBerry team for keeping such detailed change logs. RIM could learn a thing or two from you…