With a name like the BlackBerry PlayBook I really hope RIM will be making sure every pro-sports coach is using a BlackBerry PlayBook. That theme follows its natural course with the release of PlayCreator by John Caruso for the PlayBook. The app essentially turns the PlayBook into a “sports whiteboard application for coaches and players to draw up plays and tactics.” In other words a multi-touch editable PlayBook.
The app automatically draws up plays when you drag the Xs and Os and has templates built in for Hockey, Basketball, Football, and Soccer along with a blank page for any other sport. It would be kind of funny if RIM included such an app with all the PlayBooks at launch though it has a limited audience. Either way if you happen to be a coach or player the PlayCreator app is relatively cheap at only $0.99.
Features of PlayCreator include:
- Multi-colored Marker for circling and identifying areas or players in a play
- Straight and Free-Form Arrow tool for showing direction
- Sport appropriate Balls
- Pylons for drawing up training exercises
- 9 Different Scenes for 4 sports (Half and Full field backgrounds for Hockey, Basketball, Football and Soccer, as well as a blank scene). More sports coming soon…
- Eraser tool for clearing only specific objects (marker only, arrows only, objects only or clear all)
- Move tool for moving objects or arrows around in an already drawn play
- Full Undo and Redo of all actions
- Lock tool so the scene can be touched with a finger without moving or drawing on the existing play