RIM has rolled out Twitter v1.1 in the BlackBerry Beta Zone for those of you who have access to it in your country. The new version brings some nice features including geotagging your tweets, cleaner interfaces, and new notifications along with other updates. RIM also let us know that Twitter for BlackBerry has been downloaded over 10 million times which is impressive.
Features in v1.1 of Twitter for BlackBerry include:
- @mention Push Notifications – Users are now alerted with push notifications to the ribbon when they have @mentions, helping users quickly reply to @mentions
- Direct Messages – Renamed “Messages,” direct messages are now threaded in the style of BBM conversations. Related messages are grouped together, making the direct message area less cluttered
- #Topic Autocomplete – When users include a hashtag in their tweet, a dropdown list of key words will be presented based on previously used #topics
- Social Feeds Integration – Deeper integration with Social Feeds allows users to perform Twitter actions right from Social Feeds, without launching the app
- Retweet Updates – Retweets now appear in the Home timeline with a tag of “retweeted by you,” quickly alerting users that a retweet has been sent
- New Gesture Support – BlackBerry smartphone users with a touch screen device can now refresh page content by simply dragging a finger down the device screen and releasing it
- Additional language support – New languages supported include Polish and Czech
As usual the program is starting off in the Beta Zone at www.blackberry.com/beta so head on over if you want to try it out.
PS: Twitter for BlackBerry 1.1 runs on BlackBerry Device Software 4.5 or higher and requires a data plan.