North American BlackBerry Beta Zone users were welcomed to a new Beta update for News Feeds for BlackBerry today. The new version 1.0.1 fixes a bunch of bugs along with some new additions. Nothing major here but you can see a full list below:
What’s new in this build?
- When viewing a feed, or viewing All Unread Items, you can now delete all prior articles
- When viewing a feed, or viewing All Unread Items, you can now mark the list of items as read
- If you swipe left or right in a feed, the screen now moves to the previous or next item in the feed
- You can now zoom in on images and text in feed items.
- New message, wireless network, and battery (while charging) indicators appear in the app’s header.
What’s been fixed?
- BBID login issues for email address with 30+ characters, and passwords with a "+"
- Pressing space bar did not jump a page in items view
- Feed favicons have been restored
- [All unread items] showed 0 unread items when there were unread items on the device.
- When hitting ‘u’ shortcut key for next unread, it took you to another feed instead of the next unread item in the current feed.
- Error messages are now more clearly displayed.
- Sign in screen is more user-friendly.
The full information and download link are available now to North American users in the Beta Zone at this link. RIM stated that this version will only be available for a limited time so jump on to it if you want it. My guess is they will be pushing this update to the Test Center once it is verified.
Now if only we could get some more features in News Feeds…
Thanks to everyone who sent this in!