Bitstream just squeezed some more power out of their Bolt Browser with the release of v2.5. I have not used Bolt as often since BlackBerry 6 brought a WebKit browser but there are some sites that only render correctly on the Bolt browser. The new v2.5 of Bolt raises that bar a little further with these new features:
- Geolocation support : BOLT 2.5’s geolocation feature allows a user with a GPS enabled device to pass latitude and longitude information to location enabled websites through the browser.
- Expanded coverage of video sites, Release 2.5 supports playback of videos on Facebook.
- Upgrade to Webkit 5 in BOLT’s cloud.
- Even greater HTML5 support. BOLT continues to lead the way for support of HTML5 standards amongst mobile browsers. BOLT 2.5 supports HTML5 audio and video streaming while providing the highest compliance with HTML 5 standards compared to all other browsers in the space.
- Revamped user interface. Get access to BOLT’s most frequently used features in lesser clicks with a more streamlined layout, menu structure and help. Widgets are now available through BOLT homepage.
- Download Manager has been upgraded to maintain download history even after the exiting the browser and resume last download after browser re-launch.
You can download the new version 2.5 of the Bolt Browser for free at www.boltbrowser.com. Thanks Peter for the tip!