I always have an ear to the ground for Google Reader clients for my BlackBerry. Since RIM purchased Viigo and managed to make it less useful I have been looking for a replacement. Don let us know about a new Google Reader client for BlackBerry called Go Reader by RoblesTech. The app is pretty much no frills but it has some features I have not seen in other apps like swiping between articles on touchscreen BlackBerrys though it is still missing some refinement. On the other hand it seems to be nicely optimized for memory usage especially with its 160Kb footprint.
Features include the ability to:
- Access your All Items, Starred Items, a Folder or a Feed for Reading
- Manage subscription Subscribe/Unsubscribe
- Share articles via Google Reader™
- Send articles via email
- Swipe Left or Right on an screen to go next or previous article (touch screen devices only)
- Hover over an article to open a popup for easy changing Star/Like/Share/Read of an article (touch screen devices only W/OS 6)
- Support for YouTube™ videos (display video image and stream video on BlackBerry® Native Browser)
- Mark articles as read Automatic/Manual
- Show articles All Items/Unread Items
- Manage connection Automatic/Wifi
- Optimized for minimum memory and battery usage
My current favorite RSS reader is BerryReader which does a great job of synching with my Google Reader account. While Go Reader is a great step in the right direction it needs more features like Twitter sharing along with more customization options. What it does have over BerryReader is a price advantage. Go Reader is available now in App World for $2.99 at this link. Let us know if you give it a spin!