Stocks+ is a nice and simple app that provides a view of your stock portfolio on your homescreen as a background image. We covered the beta when it was launched back in May and we were impressed with the features in the app when it came out of beta. The new version adds alerting capabilities to the application to along with other improvements like the ability to backup and restore your settings. Something every BlackBerry app should allow for.
Features and improvements added in v1.1 of Stocks+ include:
- Stock Alerts. – Specify alerts for stock changes and get notification every time alert is triggered. In current version you can create alerts of these types:
- more, less than current value;
- value is outside the interval (minimum – maximum);
- difference between average of the day and current value (in %);
- difference between 52 week average and current value (in %).
- Get an alert notification as a background popup message, sound, LED and Vibro notifications, specify Stocks+ alert notifications in BlackBerry profiles settings.
- Backup and restore – Application provides backup and restore stocks and alerts list for synchronization with Desktop Manager.
- UI improvements.
- In current version we’ve added additional settings for Home Screen widget; you can set up font size for the list of stocks displayed on the Home Screen.
- Adjusted font size for main screen, stocks info screen.
You can pick up the new v1.1 of Stocks+ for $4.99 in the store. It has a 10 day free trial so you can kick the tires before you commit.