There is a good reason VIIGO was a successful application it had a ton of great features that I miss and since the release of the BB Torch and BB 6 I been left hunting an app that works as good a VIIGO did. So far there are a few contenders but none has all that I need.
I am not sure what exactly RIM is doing with the VIIGO team but my first thought was that RIM is going to take VIIGO and improve on the memory leaks, and slim it down a bit, but it doesn’t look like that was the case they started from scratch and released News Feeds. The name I don’t like it, they could have call it RSS News, RSS Reader, or kept the VIIGO name since the name was already there. What do you think it should be called or do you like the name News Feeds?
The application is still in the works but there are quite a few features that I really liked about VIIGO and would love to see on this application
- Retrieve full articles without having to open the browser (XPRSS does this and so did VIIGO)
- Email body of the article not just the title
- when sending to twitter it does not copy the title
- Import from Google reader
- Send to 3rd party apps XPRSS does this
- Customization of feeds (move up or down)
- Ability to select multiple articles to delete or mark as read
There are quite a few other features that it lacks and will wait to see what they add in feature updates. My main point is that they should just look at VIIGO and all those cool features that made it popular and just add them to this application.
I really like the UI in the new app, and kudos to them for adding shortcuts.