AstraSync released an update recently with some nice new features. The application gives you PIM synchronization an alternative to BES.
- Device Alert Profile Integration with Monitor – AstraSync now works withMonitor (A new monitoring program for BlackBerry) to give closer integration with the device OS. Providing better network availability awareness, faster performance and integrated device profile alerts for new messages including;
- Status bar unread count
- Icon notification ‘Splat’
- LED notification
- Device audio profile integrated alerts
- Create Meeting Requests – You can now create a new meeting request and send it to the attendees direct from AstraSync.
- Email Content Encryption – Email message data is now encrypted on the device, providing greater security should your device be lost or stolen.
- Kinetic Scrolling – message lists in AstraSync now support kinetic scrolling to make navigating large folders faster and easier.
- Message Store – AstraSync 4.2 includes a completely new message store system providing faster access to messages while taking up less device memory.
- Power User Options – More performance settings have been added for power users including control of Direct Push behavior, email truncation size, PIM status checks and AutoDiscover.
To find out more about this service you can visit this link and you can purchase the service for $49.00 a one year subscription cheaper than BES.
Giveaway: You have a chance to win one of 10 1yr subscription by simply leaving a comment below and tell us if you have used BES services before ?. Comments must be left before Monday December 20th.