Keeper has updated the BePub beta we mentioned before to a new v0.6 which adds some sweet functionality for OS 6 users along with shortcuts. Older OS 4.5+ and 5.0+ devices can still download the older version which works. BePub is still the only ePub reader for BlackBerry devices. We do have a few eBook options from a few companies but none of the applications currently support reading the popular HTML based ePub eBook format on your BlackBerry. That is why I am pretty excited about the updates.
Here is the change log of ePub v0.6 posted in our forums:
- Slide/Fade effects
- Providing all available System Fonts
- Full Screen reading (Toggle ON/OFF using F key)
- Navigate to Next/Previous Chapters using N/P keys while reading a Chapter.
- Page Up/Down/Top/Bottom scrolling while reading chapter content(Using T/B/SPACE/SHIFT+SPACE keys)
- Page Up/Down scrolling at table of contents screen.(Using SPACE/SHIFT+SPACE)
- Automatically navigate to the last read chapter.
- Automatically navigate to the last read position of the last read chapter or you can press letter L.
You will need to remove any previous versions of the BePub app before installing this version since they kind of went backwards in version numbers. Still it is a pretty sweet app and I commend Keeper on the hard work!
For full instructions for BePub head to our forums. You can also post questions and feedback for BePub there.