There has been a recent trend of insurance companies releasing BlackBerry apps. Most of them were from smaller institutions but the latest comes from the heavy hitters at GEICO. They released a new free GEICO Insurance GloveBox app for BlackBerry users for convenient account access on the go. The app lets you do anything from paying your bill to their roadside assistance tool. They even let you watch a funny Gecko video to top it off. Oh and how could I forget it has advice on what to do if you are in an accident along with organizing photos you take from your BlackBerry.
Features of the GEIKO Insurance GloveBox app include:
- Bill Pay – Pay your GEICO auto insurance bill.
- View Insurance ID Card(s) – Access your current insurance ID cards from your phone.
- Accident Helper – Helps put you in contact with emergency services, gives you a place to organize photos and much more.
- Roadside Service – Find nearby tow services and gas stations…anywhere, anytime.
- Taxi/Rental Car – Find taxi or rental car services.
- Auto How To’s – Get step-by-step instructions on how to jump start a vehicle, change a flat tire or check your tire pressure.
- Videos – Check out the real story behind the Gecko – he’s had quite a life! Can’t get enough of those sensitive Cavemen or the stack of money with googly eyes? We’ve also got your favorite commercials right here.
- Contact Us – Call us for any of your insurance needs.
You need to have a GEICO account to login to the GloveBox app and only automobile policies work for now (except for motorcycles). You can pick up the app now at this link in App World. You can read more about the app on GEICO’s here. via BBRocks