RIM let us know that CNBC has launched a new CNBC Pro app offering up mobile access to market data on the go. The new app includes features like real time global market data along with access to CNBC content. CNBC has really priced the app/service for professionals with an introductory price of $24.99 a month or $269.99 a year. On the other hand you get access to the data from both your PC and your BlackBerry and it synchronizes between the two. CNBC developed the app together with CarryQuote and plans on launching a white label solution for financial institutions in the early 2011.
Key CNBC Pro features include:
- Real-time global market data – Access 100+ exchanges around the world and across asset classes, including equities, real estate, commodities, futures, bonds, currencies, indices and futures
- Custom Real-Time Price & Exclusive CNBC Breaking News Alerts – See breaking stock market news, analysis and expert investment opinions. Set the triggers that matter most to you and CNBC will alert your BlackBerry when they fire!
- Live CNBC TV & VOD Archive – Watch CNBC US, CNBC Europe and CNBC Asia Pacific live programming anytime, and get on-demand archive access to more than 200,000 CNBC clips
- Unlimited Personalization – Create and track your favorite securities, in real-time, with access to integrated charts and live CNBC related news headlines
- Superior Analytics – View company-specific news, videos, profiles and key metrics. Check rankings, analysis, and historical charts, and see which countries have the highest interest rates to securities that are the most/least volatile
- Automatic Mobile/Desktop Sync – Sync your personal settings between your computer and BlackBerry so you’ll never be without the market news and information you need!
The BlackBerry CNBC Pro app is available to all devices with OS 4.5+ and you can learn more about it from their press release. You can check out all the features and purchase a subscription at www.cnbc.com. There is also a free trial available at that link.