We heard rumblings that RIM was planning on giving their flagship WES (Wireless Enterprise Symposium) a new name after 9 years. We asked you what you would consider being a good name and JohnSmith got it on the money with the name BlackBerry World. The new BlackBerry World Conference will take over WES and be focused on “delivering the latest BlackBerry news and information.”
RIM let us know that the conference will feature keynotes from leading mobile thinkers, over 100 breakout sessions, Hands-on Labs, BlackBerry training, and opportunities for certification.
The BlackBerry World Conference will also let attendees:
- Hear the most current information about the BlackBerry solution, new application partners, and roadmaps for the future
- See live demonstrations of the BlackBerry solution at work
- Get answers from BlackBerry experts to develop value-driven wireless solutions, as well as carriers and vendors who can help provide valuable wireless research information
- Meet and connect with key executives who are making the BlackBerry solution part of their business planning, and the industry leaders who are shaping the future of global wireless technology
- Get training on the BlackBerry platform, with additional opportunities for technical certification
RIM is not forgetting its enterprise roots and will continue having the WES tracks and content at BlackBerry World. They additionally will be adding several new invitation-only tracks for BlackBerry Channel Partners. The dates for BlackBerry World have also been announced for Orlando FL May 3-5, 2011 and registration will open in January 2011.
You should check out the new BlackBerry World website at www.blackberryworld.com for more info! They also let you sign up for updates at this link. The funny part is that sign up page still says WES 2011…
The only downside is that the WES name was kind of cool. What do we call this one? BWC?