JL_Cmder is the venerable JavaLoader.exe utility for BlackBerry that started it all. Its DOS user interface was the original utility for wiping your BlackBerry and performing other functions. Jerry let me know that the classic JL_Cmder utility has been updated by d_fisher to v1.9.3 and includes the following changes:
- Now works with Windows 7 and on 64bit OS.
- Fixed verbage on a couple of screens.
- Updated JavaLoader.exe.
- No functionality changes.
As the change log mentions there are no functionality changes but as a reminder here is what JL_Cmder can do:
- deviceinfo – Displays information about the handheld.
- eventlog – Retrives and displays the handheld event log.
- screenshot – Takes a picture of the handheld screen. (OS 4.0.2+ required)
- wipe – Erases the handheld OS. Not really, but that is the simpleist way to explain it. After using the "wipe" command the device will be completely inoperative until the OS is reinstalled. (Error 507 will be displayed on the device)
- resettofactory – Removes the IT Policy from the device and wipes the device of personal data while leaving the OS installed and usable. (OS 4.3+ required).
It is not as powerful and user friendly in comparison to new utilities like BBMCP, BBSAK. vnbbutils, and other tools but many users still prefer its simplicity. You can pick up the latest version of JL_Cmder at BBForums or PinStack forums but you have to register at both to download. Let us know if you spot a direct link.