Luis let me know about a new RSS reader called XPRSS. It does not have the features of RSS readers like BerryReader but it definitely gets the job done. The best part is that it is totally free! XPRSS dubs itself as a “fast, lean and highly customizable reader presenting RSS stories in a clean interface.” I have to agree with that since it is really zippy on my Torch. The only reason I don’t use it is the lack of caching and Google Reader integration which I need since I am often on the subway without reception. Still if you are looking for a sweet RSS reader then XPRSS definitely fits the bill.
- Supports feed management (add/delete/edit)
- Provides 3 different ways to add feed ( feed url, website search, topic search)
- Configurable for personal feeds like myLinkedIn using automatic URL shortening with bit.ly
- Supports in-app email sharing
- Supports facebook, twitter and linkedIn sharing
- Supports RSS 2.0 and ATOM 1.0