We have mentioned the BlackBerry GTD (Getting Things Done) app Viira a few times before. They let us know about the release of v2.2 of Viira which adds a slew of new features the the application. The new version brings a revamped UI and support for new devices like the BlackBerry Torch 9800. Viira is currently best implementation of the GTD methodology for the BlackBerry and v2.2 only makes it better.
Here is what is new in Viira 2.2:
- SMS tasks: You can now organize your SMS messages, file them by project etc and then view the senders contact card and even reply – directly from Viira(www.kartamobile.com/smsTasks )
- Torch support: Owners of a Torch (or Storm) can easily navigate between Viira’s views using the touchscreen.
- Enhanced UI: More intuitive, more stylish.
- Address Book lookup: You can quickly pull the senders contact card from an email task or an SMS task, directly from Viira.
- Faster startup: We dramatically increased Viira’s startup times, it is now available pretty much instantaneously after being started.
You can find the full change log on their blog. Viira is relatively pricey at $29.99 but there are not that many apps competing with it. Viira 2.2 is a free upgrade to all owners of Viira 2.0 and Viira 2.1. Viira 2.2 also offers a free trial at this link. You can download Viira 2.2 from your desktop or point your BlackBerry’s browser to www.kartamobile.com/bb and download Viira 2.2 OTA.