AstraSync let us know they have released a public beta of AstraSync 4.2.11. In case you don’t know AstraSync is a Exchange ActiveSync solution that gives you PIM synchronization as an alternative to a BES server implementation. This second beta of ActiveSync is now public and brings the following major improvements over version 4.1:
- Closer integration with the device OS through Monitor (A new monitoring program for BlackBerry). Providing integrated device profile alerts for new messages including LED notifications, unread count and icon notifications. Monitor also provides better network availability awareness and faster performance.
- Support for creation of meetings requests.
- Email content encryption.
- Kinetic scrolling of the message list on touch screen devices.
- Leaner, faster message store system.
- More performance settings for power users including control of Direct Push behavior, email truncation size, PIM status checks and AutoDiscover.
The current beta of AstraSync 4.2 includes other enhancements and bug fixes that you can find in the release notes. To download this beta, visit the AstraSync beta portal with your BlackBerry browser at www.astrasync.com/beta. You will need to provide your AstraSync account credentials (email address and password).