With the BlackBerry Storm “2.5” 9570 refresh more or less cancelled by RIM the rumors are still milling about the device picture we leaked of the BlackBerry “Storm 3.” The team at BBLeaks has been getting specifications on the BlackBerry Storm 3 details and compiled them together. This fits together with the 3.7” screen we reported on before and the 8GB of internal memory. Here are the rumored specs:
- Camera: 5MP, 2592×1944 pixels or 8 MP, 3264×2448 pixels, fixed focus, dual-LED flash
- Memory: 8 or 16 GB storage w/ optional expandable to 32GB, 512 MB or 1GB RAM, 1 GB ROM
- Display: 3.7-inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- GPRS: Class 32
- Optical trackpad
- Ringtones: MP3, WAV ringtones
- MP3: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/WMA player, MP4/H.264/H.263/WMV player
- Bluetooth: Yes, v3.0 with A2DP
- 3G: HSDPA, 10.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 2 Mbps
- Addons: Wi-Fi, USB, GPS, OS, Video
- Weight: Standard battery, Li-Ion 1200 mAh (BL-4D)
- Talktime: Up to 432 h (2G) / Up to 480 h (3G)
- Standby: Up to 9 h (2G) / Up to 5 h (3G)
I have been hearing from some sources that this device is more of a prototype instead of a final product and the specs are still in flux. A few months back rumor had it that RIM was deciding if they were going to release such a device with BlackBerry 6 or wait and launch it with the upcoming QNX based OS that will be launched with the BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet.
I am not sure what to make of this device but its nice to hear that the touchscreen BlackBerry is not dead for RIM.