Right on schedule Sprint has released the BlackBerry Style 9670. You can pick up the new Sprint exclusive clamshell QWERTY BlackBerry in black at this link on Sprint’s website.
This is the first CDMA phone to ship with BlackBerry 6 which is pretty impressive but it seems like RIM may have rushed this one out the door. They have already published 10 knowledge base articles with issues the phone’s OS has including:
- BlackBerry Style smartphone may respond slower when sending or receiving data KB24412
- While playing music on the BlackBerry smartphone, the media player closes unexpectedly KB24416
- The roaming indicator may appear on the BlackBerry smartphone when you are not roaming if your wireless service provider is Sprint KB24419
- "An error has occurred attempting to play media" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone when playing a music file in the media player KB24415
- Unable to pair a BlackBerry smartphone to a computer using a Bluetooth adapter KB24411
- The video camera application does not zoom in or out KB24409
Something tells me this means that the BlackBerry Style 9670 will be getting an OS update very soon. It also may explain why carriers have yet to release an official BlackBerry 6 OS update for the Bold 9650 and Curve 9330. Its seems like they have the core down but there are a lot of bugs left for them to squash.
What do you think? I have to say the hardware of the Style really entices me and I am really liking that RIM is changing things up with different form factors. On the other hand I wish they could get BlackBerry 6 on as many devices as can support it since the browser will help them maintain their market share until the new QNX based OS comes out.