One of the biggest issues with the Viper SmartStart remote car control solution is the cost. Until now the SmartStart add on would run you about $299 making the total for the system $499 plug an additional $30/year for the wireless service. Viper just announced version 2.0 which lowers the add on price to $199 so the total is $399 which is over twice the price of a ~$150 remote starter keyfob. (Thx David)
The other addition that Viper has added is a new Viper Motor Club bringing free roadside assistance with Viper SmartStart 2.0. You just need to fire up the app and access the motor club. It will be added to the app this quarter so I don’t think it will be out just yet.
From Viper: What’s new for Viper SmartStart 2.0?
New lower prices:
Now complete systems start at just $399 MSRP, and you can add SmartStart to most Viper systems for just $299 MSRP.
- Viper Motor Club – Free 24/7/365 roadside assistance is included with all SmartStart Secure service plans. That’s a $79/year value included at no additional charge.
- Smart Alerts – Customers receive a text message to their smartphone if their alarm triggers (with compatible security systems)*.
New service plans:
- SmartStart Secure 1-Year service plan, for $49.99 up front.
- SmartStart Secure 3-Year service plan, for $99.99 up front (that’s equivalent to one year included FREE, or less than $3/month).
- Viper Motor Club is included at no charge with all SmartStart Secure service plans. **
New Viper SmartStart systems:
- VSS3000 complete Viper SmartStart remote start system, $399 MSRP.
- VSS5000 complete Viper SmartStart security and remote start system, $599 MSRP.
- VSM200 Viper SmartStart module. Now compatible with virtually ALL Viper ESP2 security and remote start systems – ask your installer if your existing Viper system is SmartStart-ready!