BerryReader is currently the best RSS reader I have found that works on BlackBerry OS 6.0. I have been keeping on top of the latest beta builds since Bellshare has been adding some great features in the beta 1.1 version. The previous version added OS 6.0 support officially along with a “Share on Twitter” option I really wanted. This latest build of BerryReader v1.1.18 adds a “Share on Facebook” option to the mix allowing you to post articles to your Facebook account. I also am happy that Bellshare has added a keyboard shortcut for emailing articles.
Full change log includes:
- Added ‘Share on Facebook’ support
- Changed ‘Mark all as read’ to really mark all articles as read. Old functionality has been kept as menu item ‘Mark visible as read’
- Added date separator between articles
- Added keyboard shortcut for e-mailing articles
- Another fix for articles not downloading on non BIS connections (Wi-Fi only/BES)
- Minor fixes at Twitter authorization process
You can read more about the update in this forum thread and also find the download links there. You can pick up the public beta and use your current BerryReader activation code for it to work. If you don’t already have a copy of BerryReader you can pick one up in the store for $9.95. Now if only Bellshare could improve the caching system on BerryWeather to cache and store more articles it will truly be a super app in my book.