We mentioned a few days back that BIS 3.2 had rolled out to EMEA Regions and now is live in North America. This means that now you are able to SYNC Google calendar with your BIS account. A source had mentioned that the upgrade was schedule for this weekend and it looks like they were right on the date, Bla1ze over at CB spotted the update this morning.
Google Mail Calendar Synchronization – Subscribers can perform two-way synchronization of Google® calendar entries and entries in the calendar application on the BlackBerry® Smartphone.
- Requires BlackBerry® Device Software 126.96.36.199 or later
- For more information, please see KB24209
Automatic Login Enhancements – The automatic login feature is now available to more subscribers. Subscribers who use a user name and password to access their BlackBerry Internet Service accounts no longer have to type their user name and password on their Smartphone’s to manage their email addresses.
- Requires BlackBerry Device Software 4.6 and earlier
- The BlackBerry Smartphone must be associated with a wireless service provider that requires the use of a WAP browser on the Smartphone to access email management screens
Show and Hide Password Option – Subscribers can choose to show or hide the passwords for all email addresses that need to be validated by clicking the Show password or Hide password options.
New Password Criteria – Newly created passwords for BlackBerry Internet Service accounts and BlackBerry email addresses must meet new criteria.
- Must include 8 to 16 characters
- Must include at least one letter and one number
- Cannot include the word “password”
- Cannot include the user name of the BlackBerry Internet Service account or BlackBerry email address that the password is associated with