That was quick! It was just last week when we told you that RIM was going to release BES 5.0.1 for Novell GroupWise along with offering up the change log. Now we are happy to report that BES 5.0.1 for Novell GroupWise is now available. For some reason RIM has failed to update their comparison charts on the product page but we are getting multiple confirmations that it is available.
One of our sources pointed to this Novell community blog that posted this summarized change log:
- BlackBerry Administration Service (BAS), a new Web based architecture that provides advanced server manageability
- Full Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) Integration. SOAP provides server-side access to Novell GroupWise data, and it uses industry standards to directly communicate with the Novell GroupWise Post Office Agent. Installation of the Novell GroupWise client is no longer required on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server
- Built-in High Availability, reduces down time by enabling automated failover of components, therefore allowing quick and seamless recovery from unplanned events
- End to End Security including AES or Triple DES encryption and 450+ over-the-air wireless IT policies and commands
- End User Feature Enhancements like remote file access, flag for follow-up, email folder management, Open Document Format (ODF) attachment support as well as support for multiple personal address books help increase productivity of mobile users