Since the last post about the QNX BlackBerry Tablet OS was a bit too techie I thought I would water it down for users who are just looking to swallow it in a nutshell. Simply said this is revolutionize BlackBerry development and the BlackBery Platform. Oh and you will not be able to jailbreak the device.
- QNX WILL run JAVA BlackBerry apps
- It will also run quite a few other rendering engines like Adobe Air, Flash, and environments
- Multicore processing with distributed computing will be awesome
- When you switch between applications they will actually run in the background
- When you develop a BlackBerry app you will be able to publish, sign, and run the app over Wi-Fi on a PlayBook in one click
- You will not be able to jailbreak the device…
- Will you be able to run BlackBerry 6 on the PlayBook… Not sure why you would want to but there would be a form of Java on the device.
- You will be able to pair your BlackBerry to the PlayBook over Bluetooth and be able to access all your BlackBerry apps on the PlayBook.
- No standalone BES integration
- This is a Wi-Fi only version and will connect to your BlackBerry for wireless internet. You will finally not have to be stuck to a carrier which will give RIM quite a bit more freedom
- Looks like there will be something going for 4G networks… For now this version is Wi-Fi only. Use your imagination from there
In short this is going to be awesome. If you ever have any other questions let us know!
Oh and as a PS the QNX guys have a sense of humor. Hopefully that will be infectious at RIM.