EmacBerry let us know they have updated the very popular FileScout file manager application to version 2.1. This nice update brings some nice user interface enhancements to improve on the new features added in the previous 2.0 release.
If you don’t already have it you can pick up FileScout in the store for $6.99 at this link or download a trial and the limited free version at this link. A direct OTA download is also available at this link.
- Touch Devices: Ribbon Bar will now come with balloon tooltips
- Dialogs that require textual user input (like Search, Rename, etc…) will now all render the input fields with a border – This change should make it way more easier to identify in which area of the dialog you can specify additional values (like path configuration fields)
- Image Manipulation: Resize Options have been realigned
- FileScout Options now also integrated into the default BlackBerry Options
- Default settings (for new users) have been adjusted (e.g. thumbnails will now be displayed by default)
- FileScout can deal with BES-ProxyServers that require authentication
- Rename & Create New File/Folder popup dialogs will now have a context menu to allow you to make use of select, copy & paste
- Open the BlackBerry® EventLog from the FileScout options
- Ribbon Bar "Send To…" function will work with directories
- Potential problem when using [ESC] key in the overwrite warning dialog fixed