PivacyStar is a popular BlackBerry app that allows you to block unwanted calls, and caller ID via reverse caller lookup. You can also report people who call you unwanted. This service is available for the United States and Canada. The new features in the 2.0 version include a new GUI, and the ability to report unfair debt collection practices. This also includes BlackBerry 6 support.
To download this app point your BB browser to this link.
Check out the press release below:
First Orion Announces PrivacyStar 2.0 for BlackBerry Smartphone’s
Popular Privacy App Features New User Interface, Ability to Report Unfair Debt Collection Practices and Support for BlackBerry OS 6
CONWAY, Ark. – September 8, 2010 – First Orion, a corporation with a significant intellectual property portfolio dedicated to phone privacy and preference, today announced PrivacyStar 2.0 for BlackBerry smartphones. PrivacyStar 2.0 features a completely new user interface making it easier to navigate the app’s extensive feature-set, which includes unlimited and comprehensive call blocking, Do Not Disturb with custom and automatic text messaging, reverse Caller Lookup and the ability to report telemarketing violators of Do Not Call laws in both the United States and Canada.
PrivacyStar 2.0 is available for download at BlackBerry App World. PrivacyStar is now also available for all new BlackBerry phones such as the Torch 9800 and Pearl 9100 smartphones that run the new OS 6.0.
“Since launch in January, the BlackBerry community has come to embrace PrivacyStar, so we are proud to announce PrivacyStar 2.0 for BlackBerry smartphones,” said Jeff Stalnaker, CEO of First Orion. “We receive numerous comments from BlackBerry owners who use the service daily to block nuisance callers, identify unknown numbers and easily file complaints with the FTC or CRTC in Canada. With our new user interface, we know existing and new PrivacyStar subscribers will delight in using PrivacyStar to take back control of their mobile phone.” Additionally, to further support law enforcement agencies PrivacyStar allows consumers to determine what type of complaint they desire to file such as Do Not Call or Debt Collection Practices. “We are working with regulators to enhance the reporting capabilities of PrivacyStar, allowing regulators to quickly act on potential violations,” added Jeff Stalnak er.
PrivacyStar 2.0 has a svelte look and feel with a new user interface that makes it easy to navigate PrivacyStar features. BlackBerry owners can enter an individual number to block, file a Do Not Call complaint with regulatory authorities or turn on SmartBlock in the app settings menu to proactively block the top blocked callers from across the PrivacyStar user base with a few key strokes.
PrivacyStar’s broad feature-set includes comprehensive and unlimited call blocking. BlackBerry owners can block individual numbers, entire area codes or all private and unknown numbers. PrivacyStar subscribers can enter wild card numbers to block an entire area code or to stop potential spoofed numbers.
PrivacyStar remains the first and only mobile app that captures detailed information about possible telemarketing violations including date, time, number and identity and automates the process of supplying this information to law enforcement authorities for further action.
All Do Not Call complaints and blocked calls can be managed, including unblocking, from a personal web portal that is automatically synced with the device.
PrivacyStar Features and Benefits
- Simple to Use – After receiving an unwanted call, select the number from the call activity list in PrivacyStar to add to the Privacy List and that call will be blocked in the future
- Caller Lookup – PrivacyStar Caller Lookup allows a user to identify unknown callers by name and take appropriate action, such as adding to the contacts list or Privacy List
- SmartBlock – Employs crowdsourced data from PrivacyStar users to automatically block the top offenders – kept current according t o user activity
- Do Not Disturb – Forwards all non blocked incoming calls to voicemail and sends a custom text message acknowledging the call
- Report Potential Telemarketing and Debt Collection Violations – Upon the user’s request, PrivacyStar captures detailed information about possible violations including date, time, number and identity. PrivacyStar allows users to easily provide this information to law enforcement authorities so they may take action
- Web Portal – Utilize the fully integrated personal web portal to manage the PrivacyStar account, block and unblock callers, and perform number look-ups. The portal also provides additional details on violations
Pricing and Availability
PrivacyStar for Android is available for a no risk free 7-day trial period. For continued service, PrivacyStar is available for $2.99 (USD) per month or for discounted semi-annual and annual periods. PrivacyStar is available for download at BlackBerry App World, or http://www.privacystar.com.
PrivacyStar provides Caller ID and also allows users to lookup callers not in their address book, block unwanted callers, report Do Not Call Registry violators to authorities and provides capabilities focused on allowing users to take control of their mobile phone. PrivacyStar is also available for Android smartphones and can be downloaded at the Android Market.
About First Orion
First Orion delivers the only network-based privacy and preference service to wireline, wireless, VoIP users and smartphones. First Orion has patented numerous privacy and preference solutions and is based in Conway, Arkansas. The company provides consumers the best in phone privacy solutions.