RIM let us know they have released another branded BlackBerry headset called the “BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700.” It looks very similar to the Jabra brand headsets so it is probably just a rebrand with a new look. I like the new sleek design with the leather face yet it is a shame that my Torch no longer has a leather back… I always liked that the BlackBerry headsets use the same MicroUSB charger as the phones and this one also includes some voice commands and prompts.
The new headset is expected to launch this weekend and is available already at BestBuy. RIM put up a nice site about it too at this link. The price is a bit high at $129.99 compared to my favorite Plantronics Voyager Pro but I don’t doubt that street and online prices will drop soon.
- Voice commands – allows users to effortlessly dial, mute, swap and answer calls; "redial" numbers; and call back the last incoming caller
- Voice prompts – notifies users when the battery is low and supports turn-by-turn directions with compatible third-party GPS mapping applications
- Advanced noise-cancellation technology
- Automatic volume control (i.e. adjusts automatically)
- Approximately 4.5 hours of talk time
- Bluetooth® 2.1 with support for HFP and A2DP profiles
- Range up to 33 feet/10 meters
- Industry standard micro-USB connection