ParkVu’s Music WithMe app took a bit of a blow when RIM released Desktop Manager 6 with Wi-Fi music sync to iTunes and Windows Media Player. They let me know that they have updated their app to v1.4.4 to support the BlackBerry Torch 9800 and OS 6.0. The real advantage Music WithMe adds is that it works both on Wi-Fi AND cellular networks though it only works with iTunes. This is a great way to take advantage of the new media player RIM added in BlackBerry 6. Still I am not sure if cellular music sync will be enough to convince users to pay $14.99 for the program.
The key features of Music WithMe are:
- Leveraging smartphone’s multitasking ability provides automatic sync even when app is not open
- "Set it and Forget it" – Music WithMe saves playlists selection and syncs automatically
- Sync iTunes music using Wi-Fi or cellular connection even when outside home network
- Create and amend playlists in iTunes and all changes automatically reflected on smartphone
- Uses the cloud to readily access iTunes tracks and download to the phone’s memory once playlist selection is made
Check out the new update at music.withme.com if you are interested. They have a free 30 day trial so you can give it a spin.