BES Premium v5.0.2 was released on July 7th with some new features like the ability to easily setup employee liable devices and remove only corporate data and not personal data. The free BES Express did not get the update at the same time though RIM let us know that BES Express was updated today to v5.0.2 like its bigger brother. Its nice to see that BES Express is not that far behind BES Premium since that is the reason BlackBerry Professional Server failed miserably.
If you are gunning for the update or just want to learn more head to:
UPDATE: Sorry for the Freudian slip confusing AT&T & RIM. 🙂
Here are the main features added in 5.0.2:
- Single sign-on (no passwords needed to securely access the intranet, files or business systems “behind the firewall,” BlackBerry Web Desktop Manager and BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express’ BlackBerry Administration Service)
- New employee self-service tools for securing a lost or stolen device
- Added web browser support for BlackBerry Administration Service and BlackBerry Web Desktop Manager, including Internet Explorer 8, Mozilla Firefox 3.6, Google Chrome 4.0 and Safari 4
- Added support for Windows Server 2008 R2, Microsoft® Hyper-V™ 2008, and SQL Server 2008.
- It is also worth noting that BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express is now available in 7 languages, including English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese and Brazilian Portuguese.