EmacBerry let us know they have updated the very popular FileScout file manager application to version 2.0. This new version adds features for BlackBerry 6 devices like the BlackBerry Torch 9800 including a new ribbonBar and multiselect which is really cool. They have also added some more ZIP browsing shortcuts along with its own ribbonbar.
If you don’t already have it you can pick up FileScout in the store for $6.99 at this link or download a trial and the limited free version at this link.
New features include:
- RibbonBar for TouchScreen Devices (incl. the new 9800 Torch!)
Please see the new FileScout Ribbon Actions manual page for detailed explanation concerning the functionality of the different Ribbon buttons
- MultiSelect TouchScreen Devices: Use two fingers to mark the start and the end of your selection – just like in any other application that support multiple select
Please note, that if you like to select multiple files/directories that are not directly below each other you can make use of the new "Select" Ribbon button
- MultiSelect Keyboard Devices: Simply hold down SHIFT while scrolling to select multiple files
- ZIP Browsing: When you have marked a ZIP you can select, if you would like to extract the complete archive or if you would like browse the content of the ZIP.
If you like to can also change the default behavior for ZIP files in the "File association" Options – select between Extract ZIP, Browse Content or Ask each Time.
- New ZIP-Browsing Key ShortCuts (TouchScreen Devices will show a own ZIP-Browsing RibbonBar to offer identical functionality):
- Open Directory/Subdirectory
- One Directory Up (this will close the ZIP when you are in the ZIP <root>)
- Mark File/Directory
- Extract complete ZIP -> (A)ll
- (E)xtract the Section (or current marked Entry)
- (C)lose the ZIP
- Small Menu tweak for OS6 (to keep the OS and FileSout MenuItems separated from each other)
- When the ‘File Rename Dialog’ will be opened the filename is already selected
- Opening directories containing a lot of files should be way faster then before
- Possible dead lock while browsing images fixed
- A lot of small tweaks and some small menu name adjustments