It has been a LOOOOONG time since I wrote my last DreamBerry post. In DreamBerry articles we try to highlight something we wish RIM or developers will create for BlackBerry users. This time I wanted to focus on the BlackBerry browser and one of the things I miss the most when browsing from my BlackBerry.
I WANT PLUGINS! I know that Firefox plugins slow down the browser a bit but they provide amazing functionality that I wish I had on my BlackBerry. Awhile back some developers stepped in to create one or two BlackBerry browser plugins like a Bit.ly plugin but I want more.
Here are the kinds of plugins I want to see. I am not sure if they are possible with the current BlackBerry browser but I sure hope they will be coming with BlackBerry 6!
- Save Passwords – RIM definitely needs to integrate a password manager for the BlackBerry browser. I should not have to keep on putting in my password on every website. RIM already has a password safe. How hard would it be to integrate it into the Browser? Pretty please RIM?
- Sync Bookmarks – We could really use a bookmark synchronizing tool like Xmarks for the BlackBerry browser. When I add a bookmark from my computer I should be able to access it from my BlackBerry. Browsers like Chrome & Opera already have this as a standard feature. Can’t we also get it for BlackBerrys?
- Translator Plugin – A plugin to automatically put a website through Google Translate or some other machine translation so you can read it. Would this really be hard to do???
- Browser Widgets – It would be really cool if we could get some widgets in BlackBerry 6 like a weather widget that would automatically update a site on a regular schedule. I know you can do this with synchronized bookmarks but it is not elegant at all.
- User Agent Switcher – It could be really cool to be able to change your user agent to whatever you want. Not sure if RIM would be cool with this.
Any other plugins you can think of that you wish were available for the BlackBerry Browser? Let me know in the comments!