There have been quite a few apps released that read your email and SMS to you while you drive. The latest to join the fray is Text’nDrive which has both a free and premium version. The free version reads email and SMS out loud up to 500 words. The pro version adds the ability to reply using your voice to email and SMS which is pretty cool. They app already works over Bluetooth and car phone systems.
- No typing required – just SPEAK!
- Compatible with Web, POP3, and IMAP email providers
- Easy to use software – start the app and you’re ready to go
- Text-to-speech technology
- Has NO impact on the speed of your phone – does not slow it down at all!
PS I think this is another class of applications that will benefit from RIM’s new Locate Service. These apps could automatically turn on if you are moving faster than a certain speed…